Home » Forum » It's been a while Register | Login
Subject: It's been a while
Author: GrayMannBC
Apr 18th, 2016
10:23 pm
Howdy TastyBrewers. I don't think I've posted on here for at least 4 years...maybe longer. So long that I can't reset my original account, gray_59. It doesn't look like there is much activity on here anymore and I'm not sure how many of you are from back in the day, but I'd like to return this site to its glory days!

Last brew was 10 gal of American Wheat, split with 5 gals as brewed and the remaining 5 capped with honey, spices, and orange zest prior to cooling. It was my third attempt at a Revolver Blood & Honey clone.

I've got those two, plus a hard apple cider back sweetened with apple juice concentrate and honey, and a barleywine brewed with TastyBrew's very own Robert (lawdawg), who has also been MIA from this site for a while. I plan on CLB's Honey Blonde next. If you don't know it, search the site.

It's good to be back! What is everyone else brewing and have on tap?

-Cody
Subject: Re: It's been a while
Author: porch
Apr 19th, 2016
5:29 am
I have a hoppy red ale bottle conditioning. Still deciding what to brew next.
Author: lawdawg
Apr 19th, 2016
9:56 am
That Honey Blonde took home a third place if I remember correctly. And it also sounds like a damn fine idea for my next beer.

I've got a dunkelweizen pouring along side that same Barleywine you mentioned. Fridge has a gallon jar of plain Kombucha along with a second gallon 'fermenting' on the counter alongside some salsa verde that's been sitting out for about a month.
Author: GrayMannBC
Apr 19th, 2016
2:31 pm
I'm guessing that salsa verde is a spontaneous ferment?
Apr 19th, 2016
10:22 pm
Nah. On purpose. Blended up roasted jalapeños and tomatillos with some onion and garlic. Added ~3% salt and just enough brine to cover it all in a mason jar and letting it sit. Hoping it's somewhere close to CLB's hot sauce.
Author: robloxaz
Apr 20th, 2016
8:02 am
I love the new site!! I know how much time, thought, and hard work it takes to bring a new site to fruition. You've done it, and beautifully! I'm raising my glass of tea to you in celebration of this enormous achievement!!! Hopefully, one day I'll have the pleasure to clink glasses with you personally!
Author: paulb
Apr 22nd, 2016
9:04 am
Haven't brewed since last oct. but I just got a keggle w/ a false bottom,a 50' I.C. and a burner for $160 so I'm finally going to 10 gal. batches,busy with house ,work and garden so overnight mashing, next brew will be a Vienna/Mosaic S.M.A.S.H.-sounds like a tasty sauce,Lawdawg.

Apr 22nd, 2016
11:03 am
Vienna/Mosiac sounds great. I've made one 100% Vienna IPA and loved it. You going IPA level of hops or going for a simple Pale?

Overnight is also the way to go. Gets a really good dry beer due to the lower mash temps near the end. My only problems doing 10gal batches it the lifting. I'm still stuck on a gravity system so I need to lift my keggle past my waist to pour off. That's why I usually save big brews for when I know I have help.
Apr 22nd, 2016
7:19 pm
IPA level for sure,yeah, I think I'm going to need a couple of buckets.
Author: spargebag
Apr 25th, 2016
1:22 pm
I've got a dandelion dubbel in primary... I was making a dubbel that combined elements of rochefort 8 and westy 8 and noticed that dandelions in my yard were blooming. Remembering the pissenlit saison I made last year and noticing that a Google search for dandelion dubbel had no results I added 5 oz w the finishing hops.
Apr 29th, 2016
9:52 am
I'm not a big Belgian fan but I'm curious about what the dandelions bring to the beer.
Author: spargebag
Apr 29th, 2016
2:23 pm
It adds a floral note unsurprisingly. If you chew up a freshly bloomed dandelion flower. This is the effect on beer. It works best in saisons but could be used in anything you want the floral effect...like chamomile or jasmine but milder and different.
Author: jtrainer
May 16th, 2016
5:52 am
Sup gents...

Tring to ramp up my operations after a hiatus and move... Post up.
Aug 19th, 2016
9:26 am
Still haven't brewed since october-getting there.

« Back to Forum Index

Add a Reply

You are not logged in

Please login, or if you are not currently a member of Tastybrew.com, consider registering.