Home » Forum » Any Input With Muntons GOLD dry yeast? Register | Login
Subject: Any Input With Muntons GOLD dry yeast?
Author: MadBrewer
Dec 15th, 2015
2:55 pm
I know this place has really slowed down but im sure there are still a few lurkers. I have read a few things and dug up old searches about it but the posts are old and things change/have changed. Anyway has anyone used Muntons Gold Ale yeast have some good things to say about it? Im looking for something other than my usual S-04 for some English ales and I am a dry yeast user. I know that limits my choices but I only use Liquid for particular beers.
Subject: Re: Any Input With Muntons GOLD dry yeast?
Author: hts
Dec 17th, 2015
1:35 pm
I've used this yeast but I prefer Nottingham or even Us-05 or Us-04. The Munton's Gold will work but as I recall it did not flocculate well and took a bit of time to clear. Use it if it is all you have----the price is right at least.
Dec 17th, 2015
6:05 pm
I have access to other yeasts. I was asking because I have actually read a lot of good about it. Even that its close to the Fullers strain Wlp002/Wyeast1968 and that it flocs well. Just wanted to see what otbers had thought of it.

Thanks for the reply.
Author: hts
Dec 19th, 2015
6:50 pm
For sure did not floc well. Maybe if you cold crash it, but I never do. Give it a try---I'm sure it will come out tasty!
Author: erkoll
Feb 4th, 2016
8:51 pm
have used many times with no problems bang for the buck
Feb 25th, 2016
9:00 pm
I used it on an English Bitter. For the record I found it to flocculate well and seems pretty clean at the temps I used it at. Almost too clean, I was hoping for some more English character. I would have to use it again before really having an opinion on it.

« Back to Forum Index

Add a Reply

You are not logged in

Please login, or if you are not currently a member of Tastybrew.com, consider registering.