Home » Forum » Gray water brewing sink? Register | Login
Subject: Gray water brewing sink?
Author: Longshot
Nov 10th, 2015
7:28 pm
I recently moved into a new house and am in the process of setting up a brewing space in the garage. I want to put in a brewery sink, but there are currently no water or sewer hookups in the garage. I can run a cold water line in easily enough; the drain is another story.

I'm considering setting up the sink for gray water (i.e. waste water from the sink would flow out to a landscaped part of the front yard for irrigation, instead of into the sewer). Does anyone else do this? My main concern is the detergent. I currently use a mixture of Oxyclean and THP- not sure if this would have an adverse impact on vegetation or soil. Normally, biodegradable detergents are used for gray water systems. Is anyone aware of a biodegradable detergent that would work for cleaning brewery equipment?
Subject: Re: Gray water brewing sink?
Author: porch
Nov 27th, 2015
11:20 pm
How's the grey water system going for you?
Subject: Re: Gray water brewing sink?
Author: Longshot
Nov 28th, 2015
7:55 am
Still in the planning phase. TSP and oxyclean are both listed as biodegradable, so I don't think they'd pose any problems. Just need to find the time to set up the sink, run the drain line, and dig a swale in the planter. Hopefully within the next month.

« Back to Forum Index

Add a Reply

You are not logged in

Please login, or if you are not currently a member of Tastybrew.com, consider registering.