Home » Forum » nick on fermenter bucket lid caused all sorsta trouble Register | Login
Subject: nick on fermenter bucket lid caused all sorsta trouble
Author: spargebag
May 24th, 2015
6:32 pm
On another post I mentioned that a bw Im making wasn't bubbling and I accidentally let it get to 80 the 1st day and it still wouldn't bubble. It dropped from 1105 to 1040 in 9days but no bubbling I racked to another bucket and its bubbling fine. Here there was a small ding on the rim of the other bucket probly from the filling pipe at the spring that musta dinged it. Maybe I'll try to sand it down .

At 1040 and at 72 degrees it tastes a little boozy but not very solventy. Still bubbling every 20 sec. Do y'all think I'm in the clear as far as fusels or does it need to dry out more to tell. Right now it tastes like caramelized peaches and English hops.
Subject: Re: nick on fermenter bucket lid caused all sorsta trouble
Author: DConn
May 25th, 2015
4:07 pm
There's really no need for a bucket to seal. If I was you I wouldn't worry about it.
May 25th, 2015
8:39 pm
I never thought the bucket had to seal til I had this batch where the airlock wouldn't bubble at all. Another bucket solved that problem but I got the beer to 80 the 1st day using Sam Smith yeast. Don't like the prospect of spending the time and money to make paint thinner. I wish you could still get tha and for 60 a case like in 99...wouldn't need to bother making bw.
Author: BB_BrewBoy
May 26th, 2015
10:31 pm
I gotta have bubbles.
Oct 3rd, 2015
6:05 pm
3 month bottled and very smooth for 13%. No fusels.
Author: mroakley
Oct 5th, 2015
4:18 pm
Nice!

« Back to Forum Index

Add a Reply

You are not logged in

Please login, or if you are not currently a member of Tastybrew.com, consider registering.