Home » Forum » NZ HOPS!!!!! Register | Login
Subject: NZ HOPS!!!!!
Author: dnfd737
Aug 17th, 2012
1:55 pm
I finaly got Moteuka ordered I should have it in next week!!!!! I am so happy I could brew!
Subject: Re: NZ HOPS!!!!!
Author: MMMBREW
Aug 17th, 2012
1:59 pm
Nice. I really enjoyed using Motueka. I paired it with a lot of sorachi, so I wouldn't mind using it by itself to see what it's really like. what are you gonna brew with it?
Author: blueraidergrad
Aug 19th, 2012
4:05 am
I got my NZ hops in a couple of weeks back, but I have been so busy parting out Simcoe that I haven't had a chance to brew with any of them yet.
Aug 21st, 2012
1:50 am
Not sure what to brew yet, likely just a smash to start, I wanted them for a ton of hops sales. Iusually skim some of everything off the top to brew with.......any suggestions?
Aug 21st, 2012
2:15 am
A pale ale with Motueka and Galaxy.
Aug 21st, 2012
2:05 pm
A saison or golden ale with motueka. I just brewed a saison with sorachi and motueka that turned out great.
Author: mroakley
Aug 21st, 2012
3:33 pm
I've heard Sorachi and Galaxy are great. Never used Galaxy, but I detest Sorachi. Let us know how the Moteuka works for ya! Moteuka sounds great.
Aug 21st, 2012
3:42 pm
sorachi goes good with any of the exotics, simcoe citra all the south pacific stuff too. From what I read
Aug 21st, 2012
3:49 pm
Everyone I know loves Sorachi. Just a weird thing with me I guess. I'm very intrigued by the description of Motueka.

"Saaz descendent with tropical citrus notes."
Aug 21st, 2012
4:40 pm
Sorachi was amazing!!! I used 4 oz total in an 8 gallon batch, with 2 oz for dry hops. I didn't think it was nearly as pinesol/buttery as some depicted it. The lemon flavor and aroma are great!

I'd like to use more of Motueka next time, and maybe mix it with nelson galaxy, or riwaka next time. I'd like to do a slightly different tropical saison each year.
Aug 22nd, 2012
3:27 am
Motueka is supposedly a little like Sorachi but without the dill.
Aug 22nd, 2012
3:40 am
Well then I'll probably hate it. Everyone else will love it.

Drat.

« Back to Forum Index

Add a Reply

You are not logged in

Please login, or if you are not currently a member of Tastybrew.com, consider registering.