Home » Forum » Heating Methods Register | Login
Subject: Heating Methods
Author: BlewItUp
Aug 12th, 2012
3:20 pm
Hey guys (and gals),

I was a member a long time ago and took a long leave of absence. Just starting to get back into this a bit. Glad to see this site is doing well and the members still haven't lost their, uh, charm... ha ha ha. Also glad to see some members have decided to come back as well.

On with the questions.

I have been kicking around the idea of making and automated brewery. I am very excited about it. I LOVE engineering things and the fabrication that goes along with it. I see a lot of people boil using hot water tank elements. Do you ever get stuff burned to the elements? Wouldn't that cause off flavors? I am open to using gas but is is a little tougher to setup. Not a big deal, but I will be already applying electrical and water to this thing, if I can avoid gas, it would be nice.

Thanks,
-Ryan
Subject: Re: Heating Methods
Author: fredsfridge
Aug 12th, 2012
6:11 pm
the heating elements off an electric fryer are what i am using. they were formally on a Pitco/frylator deepfryer. they are controlled with a electric fryer thermostat and the setup works quite well. they are constructed of stainless steel and pivot up and out for easy cleaning.

« Back to Forum Index

Add a Reply

You are not logged in

Please login, or if you are not currently a member of Tastybrew.com, consider registering.