Home » Forum » Whirlpool or??? Register | Login
Subject: Whirlpool or???
Author: dstebor
Jul 23rd, 2012
8:20 pm
I have my keggle all set up and was wondering what's a good way to drain. i've seen side pick ups with a whirlpool or straight off the bottom middle and some sort of filter (where can i get a stainless scrubby?) I generally use a hop blocker made up of grain mesh bag and i'm now doing all grain batches

thanks!
Subject: Re: Whirlpool or???
Author: AZbrewman
Jul 23rd, 2012
8:43 pm
skip the whirlpool, your hop blocker should do the trick. On a keggle time will settle things out as fast as a whirl pool.
Author: MadBrewer
Jul 24th, 2012
1:04 am
I installed my ball valve on my kettle about 2 inches from the bottom on purpose. No screen no filter or pickup tube. I give thr wort about 10-15 min after I reach pitching temp to allow hop and break material to settle out. Everything settles below the valve and clean wort is all that goes into the fermenter. It works beautifully. I might tilt the kettle to get out the last bit. But I never understood why so many valves are installed at the very bottom of the kettle.
Author: brewboy_BB
Jul 24th, 2012
1:10 am
I have mine like this. It's about midway from the side to the center.

http://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee330/brushycreek/?action=view&current=Keggleinside.jpg

« Back to Forum Index

Add a Reply

You are not logged in

Please login, or if you are not currently a member of Tastybrew.com, consider registering.