Home » Forum » No More Yeti! Register | Login
Subject: No More Yeti!
Author: MMMBREW
Jun 25th, 2012
10:31 pm
I hooked a few guys around the office on Yet Imperial stout from Great Divide (3 dollar pours at mellow mushroom for chocolate oak aged yeti in downtown denver) and now we're all bummed because our office moved way south to Parker. I'm searching for more draft yeti, but have found a few stores that offer 5 types of yeti for pretty cheap.

You guys ever find that you really miss a beer when Its not accesible any more? I know a lot of people move to one coast or the other and miss a beer.
Subject: Re: No More Yeti!
Author: EricHa
Jun 25th, 2012
10:45 pm
where do I begin.... I miss pretty much everything in Europe.... and there's plenty of stuff on the east coast we don't get out west...
Author: iamliamsdad
Jun 25th, 2012
11:51 pm
I miss the General Lafayette in suburban Philly. Mug nights on Mondays with hot wings... Those times with those friends can never be recreated.
Author: spargebag
Jun 26th, 2012
12:50 am
I miss thomas hardys. Found a few bottles of 2008. Wish i could find a believable clone recipe.
Jun 26th, 2012
3:38 pm
I've never even seen Thomas Hardys for sale. How much does one of those go for? I beleive a restaurant by my house sells a few but they arent' cheap. Especially the older vintages of course.
Author: BryansBrew
Jun 26th, 2012
4:06 pm
I miss the old Hooker Oktoberfest. It was my favorite O Fest and possibly my favorite beer, period. But then they changed brewers and probably recipes and it's never been the same

FYI, we have some Thomas Hardys up here. Come and get them- it was one of the most underattenuated and disgusting beers I ever had in my life. I made Mr Beer kits that tasted better.
Jun 26th, 2012
9:31 pm
Ok, I'll get em, tell me when and where haha. I'd love to try some just for the sake of it. A super under-attenuated beer is prety nasty I'll have to admit. I brewed a quad that stalled at around 1.025 and was extremely hard to choke down. Such a waste.
Author: Rex_Irae
Jun 27th, 2012
3:38 am
I don't care for the T. Hardy's. I thought I hated barleywine until I tried Samichlaus.
You can pick up a 4-pack of Hardy's at some shop in Springfield for around $26.

I miss living less than a mile away from the biggest beer specialty store in a major metro to a little town out in the fields where I can't even buy a dark beer.
I stock up when I'm in St. Louis, Springfield, or Iowa City.
I brew more often these days though.
I have to.
Author: mtyquinn
Jun 27th, 2012
1:20 pm
I used to love Hammer and Nail Brown Ale made in CT. The brewery was closed down and I've always missed that beer. I believe it closed down for tax evasion or something, it didn't have anything to do with the quality of there brews.
Author: CharlieHorse
Jun 27th, 2012
1:45 pm
Rex, that's one of the reasons that I brew my own. If I can find it, it's out of my budget. Why would I pay $26 for a 4-pack when I can make 5 gallons (of something else) for a bit more?
Jun 27th, 2012
4:05 pm
Yeah luckily I'm spoiled around Denver metro. with plenty of specialty liquor stores with big walk in coolers and what not. I just can't get many east coast beers or some belgian specialties that never are distributed here. There is certainly no lack of great beer in Colorado.
Author: iamliamsdad
Jun 28th, 2012
3:05 am
Moving away from my brew pub, and brew pub buddies, is what started me brewing again after a 10 year hiatus. I call my porter Lafayette's Ghost in its honor...

« Back to Forum Index

Add a Reply

You are not logged in

Please login, or if you are not currently a member of Tastybrew.com, consider registering.