Home » Forum » 2012 National Homebrewers Conference Register | Login
Subject: 2012 National Homebrewers Conference
Author: mroakley
Jun 8th, 2012
11:10 pm
Anyone going to Seattle? Anyone have a homebrew in the competition finals?
Subject: Re: 2012 National Homebrewers Conference
Author: DConn
Jun 8th, 2012
11:36 pm
I'll be there, but nothing entered. I'm bringing 5 kegs for the hospitality suite ande club night. There will also be about 1100 22 oz. bottles of a beer I brewed at Rogue. I think they're going to serve it at the banquet.
Jun 8th, 2012
11:47 pm
Can't wait to try the beer you brewed at Rogue.

My club isn't having a booth since many weren't able to register in time...should I still bring a keg or two of something? Not sure of where, and how, it would be served.
Jun 8th, 2012
11:52 pm
Sure, bring kegs. If nothing else, you can stand around in the hospitality suite and serve them.
Jun 26th, 2012
4:18 pm
What a fantastic time! Met a ton of great people, had some great laughs and had some really good beers and food. Think my favorite beer at the conference was a soured saison aged in white wine barrels.

Glad to (finally) be back home though.
Author: scarylarry
Jun 26th, 2012
5:59 pm
BB...you go?
Author: Resto3
Jun 26th, 2012
7:50 pm
I had a blast as well! Can't wait till next year in Philly!!!
Author: JoePostma
Jun 28th, 2012
11:25 pm
The conference was awesome. It was way better than what I was even expecting. I met a lot of great people (including Rob and Denny briefly!), and drank a lot of great beer. Most of the talks were very good, and it's the only conference I've ever been to where they have people walking up and down the aisles of the talks making sure your glass isn't empty.

The beers at Club night were fantastic. It really encouraged me to step up my game.
Author: dbarber
Jun 29th, 2012
1:11 pm
I can't wait to have the NHC in my backyard next year. The conference was awesome, met a lot of great brewers, and drank a lot of great beer. Now it's time to start planning the booth for Club Night next year.
Jun 29th, 2012
3:47 pm
Hey Denny - you got a cameo:
http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2012/06/national-homebrewers-conference-best-beers-recap-slideshow.html#show-252652

I like slide 11 too. Brew de Dew'd was a wit beer made with a case of Mt Dew. It was surprisingly drinkable in small quantities.
Jun 29th, 2012
4:00 pm
AFAIAC, the best thing about NHC is seeing old friends and meeting new ones! I'll see you guys in Philly next year.
Author: brewboy_BB
Jun 29th, 2012
4:34 pm
I often ask myself, why someone expressing their sexual preference or their hobby, feels that this attire is more appropriate in doing so. Inquiring minds want to know.

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2012/06/national-homebrewers-conference-best-beers-recap-slideshow.html#show-252649

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2012/06/national-homebrewers-conference-best-beers-recap-slideshow.html#show-252650

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2012/06/national-homebrewers-conference-best-beers-recap-slideshow.html#show-252645
Author: EricHa
Jun 29th, 2012
4:55 pm
cmon now! you don't like the monster truck hillbillies?! thats got beer written all over it!
Jun 29th, 2012
4:55 pm
By this point in the conference, a lot of people had been drinking beer from 9am to 2am constantly, for 2 and a half days. They probably just threw on what was sitting on their hotel floors.

Seriously though, the themes that homebrew clubs came up with to distinguish themselves were great. There was a monk themed booth where the guys actually shaved just the very tops of their heads, and a "cult" group that dressed in white turtlenecks and served kool-aid while you were waiting for your beer. It was a lot of fun paired with a lot of great beer.
Author: brewboy_BB
Jun 29th, 2012
4:58 pm
Oh, I didn't realize a monster truck rally was included with the conference. Now it makes perfect sense.
Author: EricHa
Jun 29th, 2012
5:10 pm
correction: tonka monster truck rally... they all get in the sandbox on their hands and knees and take their trucks and run them around with their hands... of course only after they've been drinking heavily for days...
Jun 29th, 2012
6:00 pm
"...a "cult" group that dressed in white turtlenecks and served kool-aid while you were waiting for your beer."

Did you see them "drink the kool-aid" towards the end of the night? That was a great moment!

« Back to Forum Index

Add a Reply

You are not logged in

Please login, or if you are not currently a member of Tastybrew.com, consider registering.