Home » Forum » Applied Brewing Techniques Register | Login
Subject: Applied Brewing Techniques
Author: brewboy_BB
May 26th, 2012
6:41 pm
Not sure that's the best title, but here goes. What have you learned from brewing that you've been able to apply to your other skills? For example:

1. Hop additions make me think about when to add spices in cooking.

2. I use some of sanitation processes in the kitchen, IE I keep a spray bottle of StarSan to spray the counter after I wipe it clean.

Do yuu have any special techniques that you think others might find useful?
Subject: Re: Applied Brewing Techniques
Author: dnfd737
May 26th, 2012
7:23 pm
Yes I have discovered if I drink my mild ales at parties I become a god of beer drinking.......most folks drink a 6 pack and are done but I can go 10-12 with no problem...........at 2.75-3% I here comments like "oh that dude has been at it for hours and he acts normal"
May 26th, 2012
7:27 pm
I have also learned that women start getting better looking as I drink more homebrew.
Author: Dunkelbier
May 26th, 2012
7:43 pm
BB - well, a 2 at 10 can become a 10 at 2 (am), if you know what I mean. ...assuming you've got the right prescription beer googles on.
Author: Outinthestix
May 27th, 2012
4:28 am
DONT drink to excess while brewing or BBQing
Author: Ohiobrewman
May 27th, 2012
4:31 am
I agree with the above statement...

You can have 1 or 2. But don't start sweating it out.
Your drunk before you know it...lmao
May 27th, 2012
4:40 am
I will not drink while brewing at all. Something about 6-7 gallons of boiling liquid and get scolded, not appealing to me. LOL
Author: Ohiobrewman
May 27th, 2012
4:42 am
Yeah and I brew 12 Gallon batches ,Dunkel...LMAO
Author: jtrainer
May 27th, 2012
5:18 am
Star San spray bottle helps SWMBO relax when camping...

Spritz/Spray the tables and stuff down...
Author: kbrad895
May 27th, 2012
12:13 pm
I've gotten some extra practice using my handyman skills. I've made a mash tun, a wort chiller, a bench for brewing (multi use, I use it for other stuff too), a stir plate, turned a chest freezer into a kegerator, turned a fridge into a fermentation chamber and built wooden boxes to hold my collection of swing top bottles. I put in an electrical outlet for the kegerator and an extra light in the garage over the brewing bench. Gonna have to put a ceiling fan in there too.

When I do those those projects it gives SWMBO ideas. After I put in the outlet for the kegerator I had to put a couple in the kitchen, when I said I was going to get a light to put over the bench we instead got a new light for the upstairs bathroom and I got to use the old one, when I built the boxes for the bottles I had to make some wooden goose weathervanes with rotating wings and then some bird feeders shaped like porch swings, when I complained she was painting things on my brewing bench she "suggested" I build her a bench to paint on, and the list goes on.
May 27th, 2012
2:29 pm
kbrad, I know the feeling oh so well.

Honey will you build me this?

I would but I'm kind of busy.

You're never too busy to build brewing stuff.

And another non-beer project begins.
May 28th, 2012
12:02 am
BB LMAO....so true...well, it used to be, when I was married.

« Back to Forum Index

Add a Reply

You are not logged in

Please login, or if you are not currently a member of Tastybrew.com, consider registering.